The Canadian Armed Forces provide My Transition as an app for Android and Apple. The app has been designed to help you on the path to civilian life and the civilian workforce. Look on Google Play or the App Store to download and install.
As well, there are a number of employment agencies who may be interested in receiving your resume or may have jobs posted on their site that may be of interest.
The following are agencies who have been recommended to us.
- Canada Company's Military Employment Transition Program : The mandate of the program is to establish, foster, and drive the connection and relationship between Canadian Armed Forces members and Veterans, and the leaders in the public and private sector who will offer employment opportunities.
- Treble Victor: The mission of Treble Victor is to enable ex-military leaders to achieve their full potential in the marketplace, through our common values, teamwork, mentorship and our network’s connectivity.
- True Patriot Love: The True Patriot Love Foundation was founded by a group of citizens dedicated to improving the well-being and morale of members of the Canadian military and their families. The Veteran Transition Advisory Council (VTAC) focuses efforts on exploring ways in which private sector firms can effectively attract, recruit, and access military talent. A critical need for skilled employees exists across our nation and VTAC will work to address how this demand for talent can be met by retired and reserve military personnel.
- RBC ex-Military Recruitment Program: RBC recognizes the incredible value that military training and experience brings to the workplace with skills like leadership and teamwork. Their site has contact and resume and interview hints for ex-military members.
- Preparing for Every Future: Military Transition to Educational Facilities: The Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers (APPA) has a veterans' transition programme leading to employment in facilities management in colleges and universities. Click here to see details.