Remembering the brave Canadians who have put their lives on the line defending peace and freedom is as important as ever. Yet how we commemorate our Veterans’ service and sacrifice is changing. While monuments and ceremonies will always have their place, we have to evolve our commemorative activities to embrace more digital tools and spaces if we want to truly engage with Canadians.
Join us at 12:00 PM ET on 29 April 2021 for a one-hour virtual panel discussion on the future of commemoration in Canada. This time we will be talking about remembrance in the digital age.
Panelists will be:
- Captain Kirk Sullivan from @CAFinUS,
- Carolyn Patton from the Vimy Foundation, and;
- Caroline Dromaguet from the Canadian War Museum.
The discussion will be moderated by Anthony Wilson-Smith from Historica Canada.
To register, please email us at email@example.com and include the following:
- Language preference for the session (English, French or bilingual), and
- Any questions you have for the panelists
You have until April 23 to RSVP. If you are not able to watch the live event, the session will also be available for later viewing on our website.