WO Brad Nixon, CD
1. WO Brad Nixon will be retiring from the CF following 30+ years of dedicated service to the CF. His last day in uniform prior to commencing terminal leave will be 06 May 08.
2. WO Nixon enrolled in the CF 21 Oct 76 as a Radar Plotter and served for a short time on HMCS Saguenay. Brad discovered that a sailor’s life was not for him and went back to Civvie Street until 13 Feb 1980 when he rejoined as a Field Engineer. From there, Brad got his remuster to Plumber Gasfitter on 15 Dec 1983. WO Nixon’s postings have included: CFB Chilliwack, North Bay, Gagetown, Cold Lake, Borden and finally to CFB Greenwood in July 1999 where he has remained until the present date.
3. After remustering to Plumber and changing to Air Element, and given his sea time, Brad has worn all 3 uniforms and is truly a Tri-Service member.
4. Brad’s tours have taken him to Cyprus, Aviano Italy and the Golan Heights.
5. WO Nixon will be remembered for his strong work ethic and long serving dedication to the armed forces.
6. Brad and his wife Dorinda intend to retire in the Greenwood area. He tells everyone he will get his moneys worth on the golf course and fill the rest of his time fishing.
7. Brad’s DWD ceremony will take place in the AD ASTRA lounge of the Annapolis Mess in Greenwood on May 6th, 2008. All former colleagues and friends are welcome to attend.
8. Anecdotes, stories and well wishes are most welcomed and may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1-902-765-5688, attention WO Al MacPherson.