The Canadian Military Engineers Association (CMEA) is pleased to announce the following winners of the Bursary program 2018:
- Matthew Burgess (Wainwright) – Maj (Ret’d) Burgess (CMEA Chapter - Edmonton)
- Valerie Moore (St. Albert) – Maj (Ret’d) Moore (CMEA Chapter - Edmonton)
- Liam Anstey (Ottawa) - MWO (Ret’d) Anstey (CMEA Chapter - Halifax)
- Antoine Gendron (Lethbridge) - WO (Ret’d) Gendron (CMEA Chapter - Edmonton)
- Erica Paige Hawker (Petawawa) – Sgt Hawker (CMEA Chapter - Petawawa)
- Crystal Roberts (Winnipeg) – Sgt Tully (CMEA Chapter - Gagetown)
- Léa Landry (Montreal) – Capt Landry (CMEA Chapter - Ottawa)
- MCpl Matthew Watton (36 CER) – (CMEA Chapter - Halifax)
These eight successful applicants will be presented a cheque for $1,500 towards their post-secondary academic program.
Applications were evaluated on a number of criteria including academic achievement, financial need, expressed future ambitions, and community involvement. Policy guidelines and rules for eligibility can be found at CMEA Bursary Program
The call for applications for the 2019 program will be going out in May 2019 by e-mail. All members of the CMEA are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to assist worthy individuals in the pursuit of their post-secondary education. Since 2002, CMEA has presented a total of $83,000 of educational bursary. CHIMO!