Sgt Patrick St-Croix, CD
1. Sgt Patrick St-Croix will hang up his hose and empty his last fire extinguisher on the 27 Feb 09 after 24 years of loyal, dedicated and distinguished service to Canada with the Canadian Forces.
2. Patrick joined the CF as a member of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment in 1980 as a reservist. He enrolled in the Reg Forces in 1995 as an infantryman and was promptly sent to the Royal Canadian Regiment (2 RCR in Gagetown) where he served for almost a decade. In 1994 he re-mustered and became a CF Fire Fighter. He subsequently was posted to various positions within DND including HMC ships St Johns and Halifax. He also served at bases such as CFB Trenton, Greenwood and a tour to CFS Alert in 2005. His military career cumulated with a final posting as the Senior Fire Fighter on HMCS Halifax.
3. Patrick and his partner, Helen Ford will remain in the Halifax region.
4. To mark his retirement, an informal all ranks function honouring Patrick will be held onboard HMCS Halifax in the Chief and Petty Officers mess commencing at 1130 hrs, Friday 20 Feb 09.
5. Congratulations, anecdotes, embarrassing stories and plain old best wishes can be forwarded to PO1 Harry Fischer (email@example.com) by email or call 427-6421.