Friday, April 5, 2019 to Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Real Property Operations Detachment Kingston will host this Engineer Branch Event at the CFB Garrison Golf and Curling Club from 5 April to 7 April 2019. The goal of this year’s event is to raise funds for “Soldier On Fund” that supports current serving members and Veterans to overcome their permanent physical or mental health illness or injury through Physical activity and sport.
- The Pigspiel is an Open Bonspiel (any mix of gender) with teams being guaranteed a minimum of 3 games. The following can participate :
- All serving or retired Military Engineers;
- All serving or retired civilian personnel who have worked with the Military Engineers;
- All serving DCC personnel who are working with Military Engineers;
- All serving or retired military members who have been posted to an Engineer Regiment, Detachment or Section; and
- Any relatives of the above including partners.
- The bonspiel will be limited to the first 32 paid teams with an Engineer component until the 15th of March 2019. After the 15th, it will be first come first served basis.
- Proposed Agenda. (Depending on participation)
- Friday 5 April - Meet and Greet @ 19:00 hrs and the Garrison Golf and Curling Club, CFB Kingston;
- Saturday 6 April - Curling all day at the Garrison Golf and Curling Club Opening Ceremonies at 11:15; and
- Sunday 7 April - Semi-Finals and Finals (Tentative completion 15:30).
- Accommodations. Commercial lodging is available in downtown Kingston. You are more than welcome to contact Base Accommodations in advance to verify if there are any rooms available via email at +Rations & Quarters@CFB Kingston R&QSS@Kingston
- Registration Fee. The fee will be $240.00 per team which include 5 tickets for the banquet Saturday evening. Final date for registration and payment will be on the 20th of March 2019. Fill out attached registration form and email it to the contact below or send it with your cheque via mail.
- Payment. Make cheques payable to the “Bonspiel”. On the memo line please print “Pigspiel 2019”.
Mailing Address:Attn: Sgt Wade Schriner Unité d'opérations immobilières (O) Détachement Kingston Base des Forces Canadiennes Kingston C.P. 17000, Station Forces Kingston, Ontario K7K 7B4
- Points of Contact: