Good day to all fellow Engineers,
Following the great success of the 1st edition, you are all invited to participate in the 2nd NCR CME Classic Hockey Game, Christmas 2022 edition. The intent of this game is to gather amongst the engineer extended family in a friendly, yet slightly competitive, environment as the holiday season nears. Following to the hockey game, a social hour will be organized, in location.
- WHO: All interested Engineers (currently serving or retired, Reservists, DND civilians and our DCC partners)
- WHAT: 2nd NCR CME Classic, Christmas 2022 Edition & social hour.
- WHEN: Thursday, Dec 8th, 1300-1700hrs (Hockey from 1315 to 1445hrs)
- WHERE: BELL Sensplex (1565 Maple Grove Rd, Kanata, ON, Can, K2V 1A3). Rink TB
1. Please correspond soonest with Event Coord (Maj R.Parent, Marc.R.Parent@forces.gc.ca) as participation in the hockey game will be limited (40x players total).. All participants are asked to provide the following info:
- Last name;
- First name;
- Participation at Hockey game/Social Hour/Both;
- Skill Level (Base team/IMs A/B/Beginner --- Info required only to balance teams, all players, and skills are welcome);
- Position to play (offence/defence/goalie);
2. For attendees not planning of playing hockey, you too are absolutely invited to cheer on your colleagues and enjoy the atmosphere. Contacting the Event Coord would be appreciated so we can best plan for attendance and for the social hour.
3. Teams will be built based on a best attempt at a balance of skill levels, preferred position and most entertaining rank distribution. Team composition will be revealed at the game
- Event organizers will ensure pucks and team jerseys are available for the game.
- As per the CAF rules on hockey, all members MUST wear the following equipment:
- Mandatory Equipment
- CSA Approved (sticker must be present) helmet and full-face protector which must be attached and not altered in any way.
- Elbow pads
- Shin guards
- Padded hockey pants
- Hockey gloves
- Shoulder Pads
- Protective athletic cup (jock/jill)
- BNQ throat protector
5. PSP has the following eqpt available for loan and can be arranged by contacting PSP Sports Coordinator email@example.com:
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Shin Pads
5. Planned Game format as follows:
- 5-10 minute warm-up
- National anthem/opening remarks/official face-off
- 3x 15 minute periods (TBC / adjusted on time available)
- Closing Remarks and team pictures
6. Spectators are permitted and welcome to attend up to rink capacity.
7. Details are yet to be finalized but intent is for all participants and attendees to gather in a non-formal manner on location (at Stanley’s). Intent is to have some initial finger foods available for all.
We hope to see you in great numbers.