Early estate planning helps you manage your financial matters and ensure that your wishes for the disposition of your estate are known. Estate planning encompasses a variety of activities including:
- Leaving a will,
- Naming beneficiaries in insurance and other policies,
- Planning and prepaying for your funeral,
- Using life insurance to cover expenses,
- Giving gifts before your death,
- Using your RRSP contributions as you wish,
- Buying permanent life insurance as an investment,
- Transferring property to joint ownership,
- Setting up trust fund(s), and
- Making arrangements in case of incapacity.
The following are good references to get you started on estate planning:
Canadian National Military Cemetery
If you are considering burial at the Canadian National Military Cemetery in the Beechwood Cemetery in Ottawa, see: https://beechwoodottawa.ca/en/communities/defence-and-security-services/national-military-cemetery for the information you need.
Last Post Fund
The mission of the Last Post Fund is to ensure every veteran has a dignified funeral and burial, as well as a military gravestone, due to insufficient funds at the time of death.
For those wishing to acquire a cremation urn bearing a military crest, Barn and Stable produces such items for the Canadian National Military Cemetery and will produce custom items upon request. Contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Downloadable version||591.93 KB|