The Canadian Military Engineers Association (CMEA) is pleased to announce the following winners of the Bursary program 2019:
- Simon Burgess (Wainwright) – Maj (Ret’d) Peter Burgess (CMEA Chapter - Edmonton)
- Olivier Liam Pilon (Ottawa) – Col Nick Pilon (CMEA Chapter - Ottawa)
- Emma Foreman (Cold Lake) – WO Stephen Foreman (CMEA Chapter – Cold Lake)
- Erica Paige Hawker (Petawawa) - WO John Hawker (CMEA Chapter - Petawawa)
- Janna Hotson-Richardson (Petawawa) – Sgt Randy Richardson (CMEA Chapter - Petawawa)
- Amy Richard (Valcartier) – MCpl Serge Richard (CMEA Chapter - Valcartier)
- Benjamin Stipkala (Edmonton) – Himself (CMEA Chapter - Edmonton)
These seven successful applicants will be presented a cheque for $1,500 towards their post-secondary academic program.
Applications were evaluated on a number of criteria including academic achievement, financial need, expressed future ambitions, and community involvement. Policy guidelines and rules for eligibility can be found at:
The call for applications for the 2020 program will be going out in May 2020 by e-mail. All members of the CMEA are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to assist worthy individuals in the pursuit of their post-secondary education. Since 2009, CMEA has presented a total of $90,500 in educational bursary.