The Canadian Military Engineers Association (CMEA) is pleased to announce the following winners of the Bursary program 2015:
- Cpl Mason Broadfoot is a member of 38 CER (Winnipeg)
- MCpl Judah Leung is a member of 33 CER (Ottawa)
- Antoine Gendron is the son of WO JR Gendron (Ret’d) (Wainwright)
- Amanda Weeks is the wife of WO AF Weeks (Gagetown)
- Colin Phillips is the son of Maj Mark Phillips (Ottawa)
- Molly Moore is the daughter of Maj Tracy Moore (Edmonton)
These six successful applicants will be presented a cheque for $1,000 towards their post-secondary academic program.
Applications were evaluated on a number of criteria including academic achievement, financial need, expressed future ambitions, and community involvement. Policy guidelines and rules for eligibility can be found at: http://cmea-agmc.ca/cmea-bursary-program
The call for applications for the 2016 program will be going out in May 2016 by e-mail. All members of the CMEA are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to assist worthy individuals in the pursuit of their post-secondary education. Since 2002, CMEA has presented a total of $59,000 of educational bursary.