The Department of National Defence has partnered with CEB Real Estate, a firm that provides data-driven insight, analytical tools, and advisory support for corporate real property holders.
CEB Real Estate includes real property professionals from the world's leading companies. Through a collection of best practices, training, and workflow support, CEB helps clients create effective real estate strategies, optimize their portfolios, and improve their vendor relationships.
“With this new working tool, we expect our real property managers will find precious information that will assist them in managing their portfolio. It links DND to the big players and a wealth of information regarding best practices,” said LCol Jérémie Émond, an ADM(IE) real property manager.
Everyone with a DND email address will gain access to a suite of valuable tools, including:
- Topic centers Quick access to the best guidance and resources on facilities management, workplace strategies, integrated work planning, occupancy management, and organization and talent management.
- Monthly teleconferences Topics include specific industry forums, potential policy impacts of current events, and best practices. Participants also have access to past webinars.
- Benchmarking surveys Survey topics include cost and space, business alignment, and workplace performance indicators.
- Tools library Tools for download/daily workflow. PowerPoint, Excel, and Word-based tools to help manage dashboards, portfolio planning, service-provider management and mergers and acquisitions.
- Playbooks Step-by-step guides to issue resolution and troubleshooting. Topics include change management, mobility programs and service delivery. These guides will help ensure clients can execute projects quickly and effectively.
- Discussion boards Member-led discussion boards allow you to virtually network with the 100+ member companies and over 2,000 members on topics of your choosing.
According to LCol Émond, “Anyone with a DND email address has full and unlimited access to all of the resources within CEB Real Estate. If you have colleagues or direct reports that you would like to have access to these resources, feel free to send their names and email addresses to E.J. Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org), and he will get them set up with access.”"